The trend of body piercing has reached a greater extent that most of the young adults and teens are seen having different kinds of body piercing. One most prominent kind of body piercing that many of the piercing enthusiast love getting is lip piercing. Getting lip piercing and having it adorned with an attractive piece of 16g lip ring represents a perfect fashion statement. It not reveals the fashion statement, but also a way of expressing attitude and independence.
- 1 Things to consider before getting lip piercing
- 2 How to choose a suitable type of piercing?
- 3 Major types of lip rings
- 3.1 Teardrop type silver and steel ball closure ring
- 3.2 Steel and silver ball closure ring
- 3.3 Silver and steel jeweled ball closure ring with pink outward facing
- 3.4 Silver and steel ball closure ring with outward sacred heart
- 3.5 Steel and silver circular barbell featuring dragon shape
- 3.6 Surgical steel ball closure rings
- 3.7 Zircon gold ball closure lip ring
- 3.8 Blackline ball closure ring featuring hematite ball
Noticeably, the trend of wearing lip ring is taking huge storm among men and women, which is due to the fact that lip ring goes perfect with the fashion, pleasure and lust together. There are abundant of designs and styles of lip rings that you can explore to meet the desire of the look young to a maximum possible extent. Many fashion divas, sports stars, glamorous style icons and film stars are presenting forward the trend of lip piercing. The distinct types of lip rings differ with respect to the location of piercing.
Typically, a traditional type of lip ring is worn on the bottom part of lip; however lip studs are known to be worn suitably on the side of upper or lower lips. The fashionable 16g lip rings have also gained attention among the individuals. Lip rings also differ in styles and types that are available in different designs and colors in the market nowadays.
When you choose a lip ring, you need to ensure that the piece you pick must go suitably with your attire and attitude. You must also remember that your skin tone must always complement your lip ring. Also, never forget that for your lip ring to be emphasized, it must be in contrast with your skin tone. This will help in making sure that you obtain those jealous looks as and when it is viewed.
Things to consider before getting lip piercing
There are few things you should bear in mind while having your lips pierced that are important for the safety of your own self.
- You must make it certain that you have your lips pierced by a specialized piercer who place of work is genuine and authentic
- It is necessary to assure that you comply with all the restrictions that must be followed after getting your lip piercing like avoiding drinking and facial exercises
- You should also avoid getting your lips pierced just before any occasion or event. Plan accordingly and get the piercing done well in prior to any occasion, so that you can able to wear 16g lip rings.
However, while comparing to other sort of piercing, lip piercing tends to consume less tome to cure. This, hopefully offer you a bit more confidence while you have your lips pierced.
Lip piercing is absolutely considered to be the safest as well as easiest type of piercing, as there is not important blood vessels present in the human lips. Though, it can be called as lip piercing, it need not necessarily positioned on the lip itself and it can be pierced anywhere along the mouth. Based on the particular position, the different kinds of lip piercing are termed as follows,
- Monroe lip piercing- This kind of lip piercing is made on the upper lip, right where Marilyn Monroe got her beauty spot
- Angelbites- This involves two piercings on the opposing sides of upper lip
- Madonna- It is just located on the opposite side of Monroe piercing, which is named after the birthmark of Madonna
- Snakebites- This sort of piercing is same as that of Angelbites, however these are positioned on either sides of lower lip
- Dahlia- This is another piercing made on the upper lip, closer to the crease of the mouth
- Medusa- This piercing is considered as real top labret piercing as it crosses the center part of the upper lip
- Philtrum- It is more similar to Medusa, indicates upper lip piercing
- Canine bites- Positioned anywhere on the lip area
- Cleft- This piercing is found on the area between the edges of upper part of the lip
If you are looking for 14g Lip rings then see our guide here
How to choose a suitable type of piercing?
All that you need to do before starting to choose the preferable position for your lip piercing is trying to sort out the sensation of getting 16g lip rings or lip studs within your mouth. If you can manage to comprehend what it would be like, then possibilities are that your lip piercing would not impact the way you talk, drink or eat.
Lower lip is more recommended for piercing, as it does not interact with gums directly. Hence, you can remain sure the area is out of danger. But, in case if you have decided to dedicate either sides of your upper lip for piercing, you must better use only labret studs. It is important to check the materials that the lip ring is made of. For example, it is great to have studs that are made of 18 carat gold, titanium, niobium, or surgical steel.
Major types of lip rings
The two major types of lip rings used popularly on all types of lip piercing include ball closure rings and circular barbells. Both the types of lip rings are perfectly fit for lip piercings that are closer to rim of the lip. You can find these types of lip rings come in a exciting choice of colors, materials and also sizes that will make it simple to pick the best ring for you, no matter whether you want a unique look, simple or make a style statement with sparkly gems and bright colors.
Teardrop type silver and steel ball closure ring
If you are looking for a splendid piece of lip ring for your lip piercing, you are sure to get a smooth look with this spectacular silver teardrop model ball closure lip rings 16 gauge. This hottest ball closure ring is equipped with a sterling silver teardrop style captive made of a surgical steel ring. The teardrop design projects outward, such that the ball closure ring looks complementing not only lip piercing, but also ear rim piercing and navel piercings.
Steel and silver ball closure ring
This charming ball closure lip rings with 16 gauge is designed in a sterling silver captive ring in shape of 3 hearts, which sites in a surgical steel ring. The hearts projects outward, thus this ball closure ring appears best in orbitals, lip piercings and ear rim piercings.
Silver and steel jeweled ball closure ring with pink outward facing
Consider adding attractive sparkle with attractive steel ball and pink silver closure ring. This pretty ball closure ring is featured with sterling silver captive, having pink jewels, placed in a surgical steel ring. The jeweled captive projects outward
Silver and steel ball closure ring with outward sacred heart
The best way of refreshing your look is wearing this silver and steel sacred heart ball closure lip rings measuring 16 gauge. This fashionable ball closure ring is featured with a sterling silver captive that comes in the shape of classic sacred heart that sits in a surgical steel ring. The sacred heart looks outward, so it is suitable for various other types of piercing including ear rim piercing and navel piercing.
Steel and silver circular barbell featuring dragon shape
Upgrade your look and feel by getting this ideal piece of circular barbell. This funky type circular barbell is bestowed with a sterling silver dragon at one end, with 3 mm steel ball at the other side. The dragon faces frontward, so this circular barbell also seems alluring in forward facing piercings like navel piercings and eyebrow piercing.
Surgical steel ball closure rings
Have any piercing feeling and looking splendid with this surgical steel bar closure 16g lip rings. The bar closure facilitates this steel bar closure ring for 360 degree rotation through the piercing, which feels ideal for simple cleaning. The bar further develops a smooth appeal more discrete than a bead captive ring that is suitable for Madonna piercings, delicate ear piercings and nose piercings.
Zircon gold ball closure lip ring
The zircon ball closure rings are stylish, sleek and greatly regarded for their fabulous versatility and quality. This is also considered as the better alternative for genuine gold.
Blackline ball closure ring featuring hematite ball
The hematite ball blackline ball closure 16g lip rings are a suitable alternative to ordinary BCRs. The ball of this lip ring is crafted out of hematite, which is a natural gemstone having a dark grey metallic finish and a shining appeal. Blackline BCRs are more biocompatible and perfect for your piercings. They will not cause any kind of irritation to your piercing and will help in reducing healing time, particularly when you have experienced soreness or irritation with some other material of piercing jewelry.
Having your lip pierced is something, which remains permanent. It is always recommended to get an expert’s opinion before having your lips pierced. With proper selection of lip rings and appropriate car, you can create a flawless look.